3/25/14

Project Update: burlap covered canvas, coffee filter wreath, & fabric covered chair seat


Well, as usual, I'm late posting pics about my spring break projects.  That's because I was later finishing them up than I thought I'd be.  By the way, the DIY word art is still a work in progress.  But I did get two of them done and another one that came to mind.  

The burlap covered canvas was the easiest to do.  I purchased the canvas, burlap fabric, and wood pieces from Michael's craft store.  Scott stapled the burlap onto the back edge of the canvas for me.  


I sprayed the wood pieces with white spray paint and then applied them to the burlap with super glue.


I used fancy tools to give the pieces time to set......hee hee!
(The books just give some added pressure to speed up the process)


And here is the finished piece!


I'm in the process of adding touches of blue to my neutral color bedroom, so I'll have to post pictures of the room later.  


The other project I had planned was to make a coffee filter wreath. All you need is a wreath form, coffee filters, and hot glue to apply them.  This was a little time consuming, but I think it turned out cute.  


I have to admit, it turned out larger than I thought it would.  I bought a small wreath with the intent of hanging it from the mirror over my mantel.  Well, by the time I added all of the filters, it looked huge!


After the fact, I realized I could probably cut the filters in half and it would help keep it a smaller size.  That will be another project for another day :)

After the Peaches to the Beaches yard sale, I got inspired to make-over my desk chair in the bedroom as well.  I wanted to redo the fabric covered seat.


Since I'm adding a touch of blue to the room, I went to Hobby Lobby looking for some fabric for the cushion.  And I found this pretty blue print..........


Again, this was a very simple project to complete in a short amount of time.

I cut the piece of fabric to fit over the wood seat and cushion.


And Scott stapled it to the back of the chair for me.


I didn't worry about centering the design on the cushion.  I liked the randomness of the placement.


After the cushion was complete, Scott attached the wood part of the seat to the bottom of the chair for extra support.  


And here's my new desk chair for the bedroom :)  
I can't wait to show you the makeover on the room!  A couple more purchases, and it'll be done.


There's a few more projects in the works as well as a living room update, so I'll be back with more soon!



2 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

Great projects Lynn... I loe all of them... I am so going to try the coffee filter wreath.. who would have thought..coffee filters.. seeing so many things done with them these days.. Love the blues... Have a great week. Blessings!

Lynn Langford said...

Thanks, Patty! I've got so many little projects going on, I can hardly keep up. Hoping to be done soon!